Penguins United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Fandom fear
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 5:34 pm by Fairy_Mochi

» Throw an Object at the Next Poster
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 pm by MoonwalkingPanda

» Eddsworld Thread
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:56 pm by MoonwalkingPanda

» *crashes in with fandoms in tow*
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:53 pm by MoonwalkingPanda

» Cookie Game
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:10 am by MoonwalkingPanda

» Birthday Thread
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 am by MoonwalkingPanda

» Christmas 2014: Snowball Fight!
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 am by MoonwalkingPanda

» Fairy's misc. sketches
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 4:14 pm by Fairy_Mochi

» Keep, Sell, Bin
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:03 am by MoonwalkingPanda

» Christmas Thread 2014
Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:00 am by MoonwalkingPanda

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic

3 posters

Go down

Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic Empty Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic

Post  Fairy_Mochi Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 pm

(This is connected to Poisoned Memories. Not a spin-off, per say. Just something that's connected to it. I have more than this, but I'm just posting the prologue for now. I'm lazy~.)

Whirlpools Of Insanity

Prologue: The Beginning

In ancient times of Gods and Goddesses, many entities existed; some more known than others. One some entity was Charybdis, the daughter of Poseidon and Gaia. For trying to expand her father’s kingdom too much, Zeus turned her into a monster and banished her. She took the form of a whirlpool and three times a day she would inhale water and belch it out.

Another entity, or in this case entities, were the Sirens. Women/bird crossbreeds with ethereally lovely voices. Their singing would lure sailors to them, only the sailors crashed their ships on the rocky shoals surrounding the island of the Sirens before they ever got to them. Only on the rarest of occasions did someone sail by without being captivated by their songs.

What happened to such entities? The sea nymph who was banished and could swallow water and belch it out again, and the bird women with their deadly yet beautiful songs?

A lot of people thought such things never existed in the first place. But they’re wrong.

Now, how it came to be that the descendants of such legendary figures are penguins, well, that’s the real mystery isn’t it?

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Humor : Help me Tom Cruise! Use your black magic to save me!

Roleplay characters
Name: Lucy

Back to top Go down

Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic Empty Re: Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic

Post  MoonwalkingPanda Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 am

Oooh, that sounds interseting. You make it sound like it's from a profecional documentary, which is amazing!
MoonwalkingPanda
MoonwalkingPanda
Lieutenant Kowalski
Lieutenant Kowalski

Location : Moonwalking forever across the fandoms and the universe...
Humor : Yes, I look similar to a genderbent Eddsworld Character. It's a thing.

Roleplay characters
Name: Krys

Back to top Go down

Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic Empty Re: Whirlpools of Insanity: A PoM fanfic

Post  Fairy_Mochi Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 pm

(Thanks. Since I've gotten at least 5 chapters done, I'll go ahead and post some more.)

Chapter 1: The Special Child

On an uncharted island, that they all hoped was safe from humans, a flock of penguins lived. They looked ordinary; black and white plumage, orange beak and feet. They were flightless, spending a lot of time in the water being aquatic birds, and they ate fish.

But there was something about them that set them apart from all others; this particular flock of penguins were descended from Charybdis. And as such, the females of the flock all had the ability of inhaling three times their body weight in water and were able to spit it back out again at high velocity.

The reason why it was only the females who had this ability was because Charybdis was female. There was never a male with, what the flock called, the Charybdis ability. Until he hatched that is.

The alphas of the flock looked down expectantly at the egg that had begun to wiggle beneath the male. It was about to hatch. Whether the hatchling was male or female didn’t matter, the young one would be the heir to the leadership. But the mother hoped that the chick was female, since it is only females that have the Charybdis ability.

As the egg cracked the father got off the egg. A tiny little beak poked a hole through the shell. Finally the rest of the egg cracked open, and a small chick tumbled out. It was a male, with a curious growth of feathers on top of his head; almost like a Mohawk. They named him Rico.

They cared for him, but didn’t spoil him. After thirty days he left the nest, like all chicks do at that amount of time after they’ve hatched, and joined a crèche. There Rico met and played with the other chicks of the flock. It was also there that something amazing was discovered.

One of the crèche caretakers rushed up to Rosa, the alpha female. The caretaker was out of breath, but she had to report what she had seen or else she’d be in serious trouble.

“Lady Rosa,” the female panted, “It’s about your son.”

Rosa was struck with momentary fear, as any mother would be. “What’s wrong with Rico?” she demanded.

“He’s…I don’t know how to describe it, but….he has the ability.”

The alpha was dumbstruck. “A male has the Charybdis ability? And it’s MY son?”

“Bring him here,” she ordered.

With a quick, “Yes My Lady,” the caretaker rushed off to obey.

Several minutes passed before she returned leading a sullen looking chick.

“Thank you. You may go,” Rosa dismissed the caretaker.

After she had left she turned to her son. “Rico, what did you do?”

The young chick didn’t know how to speak yet, but through some hand gesturing, or flipper gesturing in this case, Rosa managed to make out the story. It seemed that an older chick had been making fun of him because of his Mohawk. Rico had gotten angry and, without thinking about it, inhaled some water and spat it back out. And it wasn’t a mere small amount of water either that he had inhaled. He had inhaled his own body weight in water.

She stared at the small chick with her beak hanging wipe open. “My son has the Charybdis ability. I can’t believe it.”

Rico began gesturing again. It seemed that he wanted to go back to the crèche and play.

Rosa gulped nervously and shook her head. “No. You’re going to have to wait till your father gets home. Then all three of us can sit down and discuss what happened today.”

“Awwww,” the chick muttered.

So for the rest of the day Rico stayed at home playing by himself and taking naps when forced to. Eventually his father Jose came back in from hunting. Rosa took him aside, as their son was now sleeping, and explained what had happened earlier that day.

“He has the ability? Are you sure,” Jose asked perplexed.

“Yes. The caretaker saw it happen as well it seems.” As a mother Rosa didn’t know whether to feel proud or frightened.

The alpha male considered this. “I think we should make sure that it’s true. If it is we’ll have no choice but to tell the rest of the flock. Though the story has probably already spread by now.”

She nodded. “I agree. But Jose. If he does have the ability, then what about his future?”

“…Well, let’s not think about that too much just yet. One thing at a time. He’s still young; he hasn’t even fledged yet.”

They both looked at the sleeping chick who’s feathers were still fluffy and grey.

“You’re right,” Rosa smiled, “There’s still time to think of that.”

The next day a test was preformed on Rico to see if he really had the Charybdis ability. His parents and a few other adults watched. He repeated exactly what he did the previous day; inhaled his own body weight in water than spat it back out. There was much nodding by all the observers.

“Yes, it does seem that he has the ability. Even though a male has never had it before,” one adult said after the demonstration.

“Totally unprecedented. But, this might actually be good for the flock. Having an alpha male with the Charybdis ability,” another adult said.

And with much congratulations to the parents for having such a special child, the meeting was adjourned.

Rosa and Jose looked at each other with a mixture of pride, love, and fear. Their child was blessed. But would it be more of a curse for him instead?

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy_Mochi Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 pm

(Sorry for the delay. I access to the website was blocked.)

Chapter 2: Plans For The Future

Sixty days after Rico’s Charybdis ability had been confirmed, he fledged. His feathers were now black and white instead of fluffy and grey. And it was time for him to take to the sea like all the others chicks. Though he had begun to dislike them. But that was only because they seemed to dislike him.

The adults all thought it was wonderful that the son of the leaders was born with the Charybdis ability. But the chicks didn’t think so. He got picked on by some of the older ones because of it. They said things like it meant that he was supposed to have been a girl instead since only girls had had the ability till him. And he still got teased for his Mohawk.

Since his parents had told him not to use his ability on the other chicks, he managed to restrain himself against doing that. But he never seemed to manage to restrain himself from getting into fights. Many times the caretakers told his parents about how he had punched someone in the face. Though in his defense he felt they deserved.

So this was the environment he grew up in; with the adults praising him for being different, while his peers teased him for it. But no matter what, his parents always loved him. So it was alright if he was different and had speech problems. His parents loved and accepted him and that was what mattered most to him.

Time went by with him learning the things all penguins should know; how to swim, how to hunt fish. And he loved swimming and eating fish.

Then when he was three, a message came for his parents. Even though he knew he shouldn’t, he eavesdropped anyway. Though what he heard didn’t make much since to him.

“The Siren penguin heiress has a daughter now. She’s seems to be pure blood like her mother. As leader acting in her stead, it has come to my attention that your son is of, shall we say, special caliber?”

Rico heard his father sigh impatiently. “Get on with it Leona. What are you here for?”

There was a pause, then the one called Leona resumed speaking.

“Well, I am here to propose an arranged marriage between your son and the daughter of the heiress. Our two flocks would then be united as one. There are similarities between us. You know this. A liaison couldn’t hurt; it might even help.”

There was a heavy silence. During the silence, Rico crept up to a rock and peered around it at where the adults were. He didn’t see any similarity between his parents and the stranger. The stranger was smaller than his mother and had blue feathers, grey beak, and pink feet. He didn’t know what she was talking about. And why was he mentioned?

Jose whispered to Rosa for a moment. She thought about it then whispered something back. A decision must have been made because Rosa turned to Leona and said, “We shall have to meet the heiress and her daughter first. Only then can we properly decide.”

Leona nodded at this. “Very well. The heiress is currently residing in Australia with her husband.” She huffed a little when she said “husband”; as if she didn’t approve of the male, whoever he was.

“Alright,” Jose nodded, “It will take us a while to get there. Rough estimate, half a year.”

More nodding. “I will tell her. They will be expecting you in half a year hence. Thank you for your time.” And with that she left. Presumably to go to this “Australia” place.

Rico saw his parents leaving the area and knew they were coming to find him. So he rushed back on his little legs as fast as he could to where he had been when the stranger arrived. He barely made it. When his parents came up to him he had to try his best to breath normally and act like nothing was out of the ordinary.

“Son, we have something important to tell you.” Jose looked grim.

“Wha’ Da da?” he asked trying to look as innocent as possible.

“Well…we’re going on a great big journey.”

“Where to?”

“It’s a place called Australia. It’s very far away. We’re going to go meet someone there.”

“Who gonna meet?” he tried to look as if he didn’t know.

“Well…,” his father trailed off; uncertain of how to explain this to such a young child. His wife took over at this point.

“You’re going to meet someone who might end up being a special friend for you Rico.”

Rico was confused by this.

“Wha’ kind is tha’?”

Rosa choose her words carefully. “A special friend…well, your father and I are special friends. So, the girl you’re going to meet might be your special friend in that same way.”

Rico didn’t understand any of that, and it was clear that he didn’t. But he nodded his little head anyway.

“Okay.”

His parents looked at each other uncertainly. There really wasn’t any way they could explain it with out going into details that were inappropriate for a child his age. The whole arranged marriage thing was really too mature of a subject for children so young.

Rosa decided to be the one to make the journey while Jose stayed behind to manage the flock. Early one morning not long after the visit, mother and son took to the waters and began the trip.

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy_Mochi Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 pm

(First off, I'd like to point out that this is where it ties into Poisoned Memories. And secondly( this is also the most important part, so make sure you read this particular part very carefully) this chapter does NOT, and I repeat again, does NOT indicate that these two will EVER be a pairing. Got that? THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE A PAIRING. EVER.)

Chapter 3: The Engagement

Many things happened on the trip that lasted many months. They did run into an occasional predator but through stealth, and use of the Charybdis ability when needed, they managed to avoid getting eaten.

Rico saw lots of interesting things. He enjoyed the journey very much. He liked spending time with his mother. Just being with her made him happy.

Eventually though, they reached their destination; Australia. As they were approaching the coast(Rico didn’t know it, but it was the Southern coast), a blue penguin swam out to meet them. He couldn’t be sure, but Rico thought it was the same one that came and visited. When his mother addressed the stranger, his hunch was confirmed.

“Well Leona, here we are. Half a year just as Jose said.”

Leona looked over at the young penguin that swam close to his mother.

“So this is the prodigal heir. Come; you are expected.” And she swam toward shore.

Rosa and Rico followed. They were lead on shore and to a small field dotted with holes. The holes were burrows. Leona showed them to one of the burrows, a blue penguin was sitting outside the entrance grooming her feathers.

“I’ve brought them heiress,” Leona addressed the other penguin.

“Thank you Leona. You may leave us now,” the blue penguin said after she stopped grooming her feathers.

Once Leona left, the blue penguin turned to Rosa and her son.

“Hello. I’m Anna. I suppose Leona told you about the arranged marriage?”

Rosa nodded. “She did. And we agreed to come, but not to the arranged marriage.”

Anna smiled. “Of course not. No one wants to force someone to marry anyone that they’re not in love with. It’s why I’m still called “heiress” and not leader.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Excuse me? What do you mean?” Rosa was confused.

Anna giggled. “I refused to an arranged marriage of my own and instead married Luke who I love with all my heart. My blood is pure to the line, so I’m supposed to be the leader of the Siren penguins. But I married outside the blood, so I’m now an outcast and Leona is leader pro tem.”

“Then…then why the arranged marriage with my son?” Rosa stammered.

“Oh. That. Leona can’t have children of her own. But since I’ve had a daughter and she’s almost true to the bloodline, the flock wants HER to be the leader when she grows up. I don’t entirely approve, and Lucy is too young to decide for herself. I’m going to consider it if, and only if, the children like each other. They should be the ones to decide, not us.”

Rosa nodded in approval. That was exactly how she felt.

“But still, I don’t understand why it’s to be with my son.”

Anna sighed. “There are very few male Siren penguins. And Charybdis penguins are much stronger and numerous. I’ve been told that your son is special; that he has the Charybdis ability. Lucy will always be weak. Even though Luke wants to give her a military upbringing, it won’t change her inherent weakness. She’s going to need someone strong who can protect and care for her.”

A moment of silence.

“And you think that someone is my son?”

Anna averted her gaze. “I don’t know. We’ll just have to see how the children feel about it. Let’s have them meet. Okay?”

All through this Rico had no idea what either of them were talking about. It was way beyond him. He was just curious to see this penguin who might one day be his “special friend”.

The blue penguin moved away from the burrow entrance and called down. “Lucy. You can come up now. It’s time to meet our guests.”

Out of the burrow scrambled a small blue penguin. She had a misplaced blue feather on one cheek. Rico didn’t know what to make of this new penguin or how he should even react. So he turned to his mother.

“Who dis?” he asked perplexed.

Rosa took a deep breath before answering. “This is Lucy. She might be your special friend one day. If you like her and if she likes you that is.”

Rico turned back to the smaller penguin. She smiled and waved. Rico waved back shyly.

Anna looked down at her daughter. “Lucy, what do you think of him?”

The little penguin, being only one and a half and not able to talk that well yet, indicated through hand gestures and small sounds that she liked him.

Rosa turned to her son. “And what do you think of her?”

Rico thought hard before answering.

“I dunno. She okay, I guess.”

The two mothers smiled at each other.

“How about we consider it a tentative arranged marriage? When the children are older we can bring them together again and be more certain,” the blue penguin suggested.

Rosa nodded her head. “That’s fine with me. We shouldn’t really pressure them at this age anyway. They’re too young to understand it.”

Anna agreed, nodding her head sagely. “How about in sixteen years we get together again? By then they’ll be old enough to understand it.”

“That sounds good to me.”

“Alright then. I guess I’ll see you in sixteen years. Would you care to stay for the night?”

The larger penguin shook her head. “Thanks, but no. I should head on home. I think I’ve left my husband alone for long enough.”

Anna giggled. “I understand. Husbands shouldn’t be left alone for too long. They’ll get into trouble just like little hatchlings without their wives to take care of them.”

Both females laughed at this.

Then with a round of farewells and well wishes, mother and son took their leave of the blue penguins and set off for home.

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy_Mochi Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm

(WARNING: This chapter is a little gruesome. Some of the other chapters after this one will be as well. But you should have foreseen that something horrible was going to happen sooner or later. Afterall, SOMETHING terrible most have driven Rico insane.)

Chapter 4: Ruination

By the time they returned, Rico had turned four. A birthday party was given for him when they got back. Not many of the others of the flock came. But that didn’t matter to Rico. What mattered to him was his family

More time passed with Rico getting bigger and stronger each day. He was still teased. But it was now done in secret. He had gotten strong enough to make the older chicks afraid of him.

Every now and then he wondered about the blue penguin he had met. She had seemed okay. He wasn’t sure. He didn’t really know what a “special friend” was supposed to be or how to recognize one.

Things seemed to be going well for the flock. Until that fateful day when someone spotted a ship on the horizon. A ship that gradually drew closer to the island. All the adults, and some of the youngsters, crowded the look out area to see what was happening. And they all saw what it was that disembarked from the vessel: humans.

Never before had humans been on that island in the long memory of the Charybdis penguins. Their island was so secluded that no one should have been able to find it. Not unless they already knew where it was….

The first human, supposedly the leader, pointed to the flock and said, “That’s them. Make sure you clamp their beaks shut. You’ve been informed of what they can do; you don’t want to find out how accurate that information is. Now let’s go.” With that they advanced upon the flock.

Some of the penguins started to run away. A few females, Rico’s mother being one of them, stood their ground and tried to use their ability on the men. But they had come prepared. As soon as the water came at them, they held up shields that the penguins hadn’t seen at first. They were pushed back a little, but not deterred.

“Hold your ground men,” the leader advised. “Capture them all if you can. Kill the ones who resist. Hopefully we’ll snag a few females for testing.” The advance continued.

At the start Rosa had pushed Rico away; telling him to run. The young penguin had done so, until he heard a cry of pain that stopped him in his tracks. He turned around and saw a terrible sight. His mother lay on the ground, a pool of blood quickly widening around her.

Others ran past him jostling him, but he paid them no heed. His entire attention was taken by the gruesome spectacle. Anger suddenly overcame all other thoughts and emotions. Disregarding his father’s anguished pleas for him to come back, the young penguin ran towards the men bent only on taken revenge.

Rico hastily inhaled some water as he dashed past a pool. Before the invaders could react, he spat out a spray of water into the face of the nearest one. The one next to him had a knife out, the same one which he had killed Rosa with, and now he slashed downward with it. The little bird dodged to the right, but didn’t escape injury. A cut now traveled down the side of his face and ended below his beak.

Jose caught up just then. He saw the wound, and charged the men. Being male, he didn’t have the Charybdis ability like the females, or like his special son. But that didn’t mean he was going to go down without a fight. Before the man with the knife could stab him, he leapt up and bit him on the hand forcing him to drop the knife.

But there were just too many assailants. Another man pulled Jose off his comrade. He didn’t bother to get out a knife; he used a gun instead. Rico, in pain and bleeding, saw his father’s head get blown open. Petrified with horror, it was easy for him to be captured. Shivering in a cage, Rico put his little flippers over his ear holes to try and block out the sounds of the dying penguins.

Scared, orphaned, and possibly even bleeding to death, he no longer had the energy to wonder what was going to happen next. Eventually he blacked out due to loss of blood. So he never heard the men talking about the raid on the Siren penguins, or even that a few of the Charybdis penguins had escaped alive. Not that it would have been any comfort to him if he had heard. Without his parents, he had nothing and was nothing.

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonwalkingPanda Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:48 am

Wow, poor Rico. Btw, I like the new siggy you have! Very Happy I remember at PHQ when NYC and I were RPing our own versions of episodes, particularly Where Skipper had inflatium on him. NYC had said: Someone cue Rico breaking the fourth wall! And she had expected Rico to exactly that in the sig. Did the writers see the RP? O.o
MoonwalkingPanda
MoonwalkingPanda
Lieutenant Kowalski
Lieutenant Kowalski

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy_Mochi Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 pm

(It's been a while, but I have a new chapter. Sorry for the long wait.)

Chapter 5: Start Of A Nightmare

When Rico finally came to, he found that his wound had been treated and bandaged. He looked around dully. As his eye adjusted, he discovered that he was in a cage placed next to the cages of five other Charybdis penguins. The cages were being kept in a dimly lit place. He could hear a humming, rumbling kind of noise. And there seemed to be movement.

“Well, if it isn’t the little prince. Finally awake, are we?” asked the nearest penguin. It was a male, one he recognized as going by the name of Terrance.

“Not that you’re the prince of anything anymore.” Terrance stretched as well as he was able in the cage. “We’re all that’s left except for a few remnants. Not that that does us any good. They’re free. While we’re prisoners going to our doom.”

Just then another penguin spoke up. It was a female. Rico didn’t know her name.

“Oh, shut up Terry. Just shut up. Don’t make a bad situation worse. Especially for the boy over there. He can’t help being who he is.”

The female stared at him with a mixture of sadness and pity.

“I’m sorry for what happened. I was nearby and saw. I’m so sorry.”

When she said this, it brought the memory of recent events back to Rico’s mind with all too sharp clarity. Once again he saw his mother laying dead and his father getting shot as he watched. He couldn’t help it; he started crying.

“Oh geez. That’s all we need. For the little prince to start crying. Save your tears kid. You’ll need them for where we’re going.”

The unknown female glared at Terry. “Like you know where we’re going. None of us do,” she snorted in derision.

Terry glared back at her. “If you had been listening Mary you would have heard them say that they’re taking us to some lab to have experiments run on us.”

“Oh really,” Mary asked raising one eyebrow. “And what exactly is a lab Mr. Know-it-All?”

Terry gulped nervously and didn’t respond at first. “Uh….I don’t know.”

“Hmph. That’s what I thought. Maybe you should keep your beak shut about things you don’t know about it.”

This incited an argument between the two. The other penguins looked on half-heartedly; they were still in shock from what had happened. As for Rico, he really didn’t care anymore. His parents were gone; cruelly and painfully taken from him.

The penguins lost track of time. With the dim lighting, there wasn’t any way to mark it’s passage. It seemed to take forever, but eventually they reached their final destination. And for most of them, it really was final.

The cages were picked up and loaded into a cart, which was then pushed towards this large structure. Rico didn’t know what it was, but Terry whispered, “That’s a building. It must be the lab.” To which Mary merely whispered back, “Shut up.”

At the entrance to the building, their was a man in a white coat. He shook the hand of the man pushing the cart before peering into the cages. “This is all?” he asked in English.

“Yes sir,” the other man replied. “We ran into resistance and had to kill a lot of them. And we think some of them may have escaped as well.”

The white-coated man narrowed his eyes in anger. “I do not like this news. You and your soldiers were not hired to kill rare specimens such as these.”

The soldier averted his gaze and mumbled, “We did the best we could.”

“The best you could?!” he screamed in outrage. “You call six Charybdis penguins the best that you could do?! If this is your best, I‘d hate to see your worst.”

The other man merely growled between gritted teeth.

“No matter,” the white-coated man said calming down. “Hopefully six shall be enough for the experiments. Ten thousand dollars per Charybdis penguin. As promised.”

He handed the sullen man an overstuffed envelope. He took it happily. With a quick salute, he turned and walked away leaving the frightened penguins alone with the stranger. He smiled an almost predatory smile.

“Now…let’s get you inside and see what makes you tick.”

Everyone was afraid as they were wheeled inside. Rico didn’t know what the man in the white coat meant, but he knew he didn’t want to find out. He started pulling against the bars of the cage making the whole thing rattle, and only ended up drawing attention to himself. The man looked at him coldly.

“Tsk tsk. Look at you. You’ll have a scar now. I hire a bunch of mercenaries, thugs really, and I end up with damaged goods. I just hope that the injury won’t have hindered your ability any. Providing you have it, that is. I have been told that only females have it. If you’re male, well, I can test the theory out. And if it proves to be true, that males can’t use the ability, I may just have to kill you.”

He said this so matter-of-factly, that it made Terry gulp in nervousness. He knew he would be killed. He didn’t doubt for a second that the man meant what he had said.

Rico didn’t understand what the man was talking about. He was male, yet had the ability; so he should be safe from the obligatory death that awaited Terry and any other unfortunate male that may have been captured. But he didn’t feel safe. He felt like there was something else in store for them all.

The man pulled open a door and pushed the cart inside. In the room were other humans also dressed in white coats. One looked up and said something in a foreign language. Rico didn’t know what. He could tell by the confused looks of the others, that they hadn’t understood what had been said either. If they had, they wouldn’t have been reassured at all.

“Ah, these are the test subjects?”

“Yes, Dr. Layburg. Six Charybdis penguins. Gender as yet unconfirmed.”

“Good, good. Hand them over to Dr. Yetzer for the gender test.”

“As you wish.”

That was what was said. But all the frightened penguins heard was a bunch of gibberish.

The man who had wheeled them inside turned them over to someone else. They didn’t know it, but it was Dr. Yetzer mentioned in the conversation that they couldn’t understand. Dr. Yetzer placed the cages in a row on a nearby counter, and went back to labeling something. When he was finished, he brought the things over. The were ankle tags. He slipped one onto the ankle of each penguin before quickly putting it back into it’s cage.

He turned away, but before Terry could comment on the ankle tags he was back. This time with Q-tips. It was difficult, but eventually the man got saliva samples from all of them. Rico didn’t know why the man wanted their spit so badly.

After carefully labeling each Q-tip to say which sample came from which penguin, the man left the room. Then Terry turned to the others and started making ominous doomsday prophecies that Rico didn’t understand. Mary finally told him to shut up. This led to another argument, which lasted sometime. It ended when the man came back.

Dr. Yetzer rushed over to Dr. Layburn who had been writing something. He seemed excited. Again the penguins didn’t know what was said.

“The results are back in, and I think you’ll be pleased with them doctor.”

The older man looked up from his writing expectantly.

“The tests confirm that there are three males and three females.”

Dr. Layburn’s eyebrow raised in surprise. “And which three are the males?”

The younger man pointed at Rico, Terry, and another penguin at the end of the line. They didn’t know why they were being pointed at, but it made them nervous.

Dr. Layburn’s eyes lit up and he smiled evilly. “The little one with the extra feathers on his head is a male. This will prove interesting indeed.”

Again, all they heard was gibberish. But they all saw the smile, and all the penguins agreed that it was not a nice smile. It made them shiver with fear. For the first time since the raid, Rico began to wonder what would happen to them.

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonwalkingPanda Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 am

O_O that is Seriously keeping me in suspense. Keep it up! Very Happy
MoonwalkingPanda
MoonwalkingPanda
Lieutenant Kowalski
Lieutenant Kowalski

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy_Mochi Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 pm

(Sorry. This chapter is a little short. I've got so many different things to work on...)

Chapter 6: Torture

Apparently the doctors had a tiny shred of decency in them. Other than the DNA test, no other tests were performed on the Charybdis penguins that day. They were allowed to rest and eat. But before that Rico, Terry, and the unknown male were separated from the other three.

They were taken to a different room; far from the others and then left there. But, it seemed, not far enough. The next day, after a fitful night's sleep, Rico heard screams coming from the room they had been taken from. Screams of pain from the other penguins. He didn’t know what was going on in there, but he didn’t think he wanted to know.

The waiting itself, knowing that something was going to happen to you eventually, was torture enough. But then the doctor came; Dr. Layburn, the one who had smiled so evilly the other day. He wasn’t smiling now though. It seemed that something had displeased him. He started talking to the penguins, again in that language they couldn’t understand, but the words didn’t have a nice sound.

“The females were uncooperative. Maybe tomorrow they’ll behave a little better. Now let’s see; three males. I know that it is said that males don’t have the ability. But I shall do tests just to be sure.”

What followed next, was a horrible thing for the young penguin to witness. First the unknown male had water forced down his throat, then Terry. Both started to choke and, while Rico watched, died on the water that had filled their lungs. Then the doctor turned to him.

“Now let’s see about you, little feather head,” the man said as he approached with the water.

Rico tried not to show any fear, and failed. He started to tremble as the hose was shoved in his mouth and water started to pour in. But he refused to die. He swallowed the water instinctively and, after the doctor had stopped pouring, spat it back out at him.

But the scientist had been ready for that just in case. He held up a shield that the small bird hadn’t noticed and blocked the high velocity stream of liquid. The man smiled in triumphant.

“So, there is at least one male that has the ability. You will be very useful to my research little feather head. If you survive.”

Dr. Layburn laughed as he left the room, leaving Rico alone for the moment with the two dead Charybdis penguins. With no one to witness it, he began to cry. For his parents, for all those who had died, and for himself.

Fairy_Mochi
Fairy_Mochi
Secretary Marlene
Secretary Marlene

Roleplay characters

Back to top Go down

Post  2nd Lt. NYC Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:14 am

Rico got found out! affraid Somehow this made me consider: Are humans really that cruel to animals? Killing innocent penguins like that "in the name of science".
Don't look at me like that.
Sorry, Kowalski. But really, I guess that's really a little too much. Still, great story!
2nd Lt. NYC
2nd Lt. NYC
Commander Skipper
Commander Skipper

Humor : ENGLAND SANK MY INVINCIBLE ARMADA... in Battleship. R.I.P Invincible Armada.

Roleplay characters
Name: NYC (my persona :P)

https://penguinsunited.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down